Grain Free Apple Waffles.
There really is nothing else to say. They speak for themselves. These Grain Free Apple Waffles are a spin on my popular Super Fluffy Cassava Waffles recipe. They are the perfect way to change up the weekend wafflin’ ritual while bringing together some of the flavors of fall.
I’m super excited for Bill & Hayley at Primal Palate who just released their newly updated Sweet Pack. They are kicking off the release with an awesome store wide Labor Day sale (details below)! It makes perfect timing for this recipe – I use their Apple Pie Spice to add an extra flavor kick to the waffles.
To bring together all the flavors of fall, make sure to grab Cinnamon Sugar Cookie from Amazon. We use this blend year round in our house – it seems to sneak it’s way into our daily coffee and tea. It’s also wonderful sprinkled on top of these waffles!
The sale will run through Tuesday and you get 10% off of anything and everything. The coupon code is: “LaborDay“. Check it out: here.
Grain Free Apple Waffles
Yield 4 -6 large waffles
- 175 grams of Otto's Cassava Flour (approximately 1 &1/4 cups)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS maple or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 2 eggs, room temp & separated
- 1 small apple, approximately 1/2 cup finely chopped
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- ½ cup ghee, grass-fed butter, or coconut oil melted (ghee/butter will have best flavor)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (I use cashew, for nut-free use coconut)
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium and lightly grease if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and apple pie spice.
- Separate your eggs and add the yolks to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in apple pieces.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. I use an immersion blender with a whisk attachment, but a hand mixer will work also.
- Add vanilla extract, ghee, and milk to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in egg whites.
- Spoon the batter into your waffle iron and cook per your unit’s specifications or until there is no longer any steam. In my waffle iron it takes ~ 5 minutes. Waffles should be crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Serve warm or freeze for another day.