I’m really not a baker, or a sugar fiend, but every so often I get the itch. Hubby has been nagging me to make cookies, even going as far as buying chocolate chips and leaving them out as a hint. Prior to our gluten free days, we loved adding cranraisins to Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s not quite as easy as Toll House and cranraisins, but these Grain Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies sure hit the spot.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps keep Food and Sunshine running. Your support is appreciated.
Finding dried cranberries that aren’t doused with refined sugar and chemicals isn’t always easy, so I was stoked to find these organic dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice while shopping on Vitacost. They also contain sunflower oil. It’s not something I go out of my way to eat, but it’s not that poor of a choice and saves me from having to dehydrate them at home like I usually do.
I’ve been so grateful to have experienced some significant healing to my food sensitivities over the last year, so I was able to enjoy these cranberry chocolate chip cookies along with my husband. I took nuts out of my diet when I was following the AIP and wasn’t successful with reintroducing almonds for way over a year. In the last couple of months I’ve been able to bring back so many foods, including almonds, and I can’t tell you how excited I am to have them back. I have a newly stocked pantry full of RxBars and went a little crazy ordering giant bags of my favorite almond flour, so I would expect some more baking coming from me soon.
Almond meal will also work for this recipe, but the texture may be slightly gritty. Honeyville
Blanched Almond Flour is very fine and has been the best I’ve tried for almond flour baked goods. It lends to a great texture for these cookies – soft & chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. They can burn quickly, so be sure to check on them as they cook.
Grain Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 12 cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients into wet and beat until well combined. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon approximately 2 TBS of cookie dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet (will make approximately 12 cookies). With your fingers lightly flatten the cookies. If the dough is sticking wet your fingers. If desired sprinkle with Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze for another day.
You can replace the coconut sugar with 1/4 cup of maple syrup, but it may slightly change the texture.