I know this is three salads in a row, but I really do eat more than just cold salads. I’ve already explained that it’s deathly hot outside and less cooking the better…so here we go.
I’ve made this paleo broccoli & bacon salad every week for the last three weeks. I’ve been bringing it for breakfast every work day, paired with some grilled chicken. It was inspired by my trip to Austin for Paleo f(x) (which I will write about one of these days.) We stopped at the famous paleo coffee shop Picnik a few times, where I loved on the Broccoli Crunch + Chicken.
It’s really easy to throw together and tastes better each day that it sits in the fridge. You can make your own paleo mayo, or skip the fuss and grab a jar of Primal Kitchen Mayo. If you haven’t checked it out yet, it’s awesome. It’s made from healthy & delicious avocado oil and only has 5 ingredients. Even the vinegar is properly sourced (no corn here)- it’s made from non-gmo beets!
I pair my Broccoli & Bacon Salad with chicken breast or thighs sprinkled with Primal Palate’s Meat & Potatoes Seasoning and pack them in pyrex glass dishes for meals at work.
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1.5 cups of rainbow carrots, julienned or shredded
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
- 1 TBS mustard
- 6 slices, bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, and raisins.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk mayo, mustard, salt, & pepper until well combined.
- Fold mayo mixture into vegetables until they are well coated. Gently fold in bacon pieces and add additional salt & pepper if needed.
- Keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.