Shallot Tarragon Burger (Paleo, AIP)
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 1 TBS fresh thyme
- 2 TBS fresh parsley
- 1 TBS fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp Primal Kitchen avocado oil, divided
- 4 shallots, sliced
- Using your hands combine ground beef, thyme, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Form into four loose patties approximately 1.5 inches thick.
- Heat 1 tsp avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium high heat and 1 tsp of oil in a medium skillet over medium low.
- Sear burger for ~1 minute a side and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 3-5 minutes per side.
- While the burgers are cooking add the shallots to the skillet and saute 3-5 minutes until translucent and fragrant. Serve shallots over burger patty on a bed of spinach or in a lettuce wrap.
Recipe by Food and Sunshine at http://www.foodandsunshine.com/shallot-tarragon-burger-paleo-aip/