Slow Cooker Beef Heart with Carrots & Parsnips (AIP, Paleo, GF)
Yield 4 -6
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs grassfed beef heart
- 4-6 parsnips, washed and ends cut off
- 4-6 carrots, washed and ends cut off
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper*
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Clean the beef heart, removing all connective tissue, fat, veins, and silvery skin. Wash out any excess blood.
- **Optional**: Soak heart in a salt water bath for 30 minutes to help remove any excess blood. Rinse well.
- Place parsnips, carrots, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker. Top with the heart.
- Add broth and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve warm.
*omit for elimination phase AIP
Courses Slow Cooker
Recipe by Food and Sunshine at http://www.foodandsunshine.com/slow-cooker-beef-heart-carrots-parsnips-aip-paleo-gf/