I’m having a bit of a love affair with my Instant Pot again. I can’t believe that I was once terrified that I would blow up the house with it. Life gets a little crazy with a full time job, school, managing the blog, social media, playing hockey, and everything else that I have my hands in. I need meals that require as little hands on cooking time as possible and not much thought. I use my Instant Pot for both slow cooking and pressure cooking because it makes 5 minutes of hands on prep work taste like 2 hours of slaving away in the kitchen. Meals come out tender and full of flavor, especially this Pressure Cooker Italian Beef recipe.
The post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them I will receive a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you and helps keep Food and Sunshine alive. I only endorse products that I’ve used, know, and trust.
I cook a lot of pork and beef roasts in my Instant Pot. They are easy to make, incredibly versatile, and can stretch an inexpensive piece of meat a long way. Roasts are great to make early in the week and incorporate into different meals as the week goes on. When I made this Pressure Cooker Italian Beef last week we first ate it over cauliflower rice with a giant side of green veggies. Later in the week I heated some up in a cast iron skillet until it got perfectly crispy and ate it over a sweet potato with broccoli. My husband likes his mixed into a veggie stir fry. We’ve even used it as a pizza topping! This Pressure Cooker Italian Beef is an easy and flavorful way to please the entire family. Try it with different combinations of vegetables and sides to find your favorites!
You know what else is awesome about roasts? I GET TO USE MY CAVEMAN CLAWS! My awesome mother in law got these caveman claws for my birthday. It makes picking the cooked meat up out of the pot and shredding it so much easier, plus I get to dance around the kitchen and pretend I’m wolverine!
Pressure Cooker AIP Italian Beef (Paleo, GF)
- Using a sharp pairing knife, cut slits into the roast and stuff with garlic cloves.
- Whisk garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, oregano, basil, marjoram, and salt until well combined. Rub seasoning blend on all sides of the roast and place in the Instant Pot.
- Pour beef broth and apple cider vinegar into the pot. Seal the lid and make sure valve is closed.
- Press manual and set time to 90 minutes. It should take approximately 15 minutes to come to pressure. Allow to natural release (approximately 20 minutes).
- Remove beef from pot and shred with two forks or caveman claws. Add juice if desired.
Courses Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is a 7 in 1 multi-functional cooker. Settings include pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute/browning, yogurt maker, steamer, and warmer. The inner cooking pot is 3-ply bottom stainless steel and a stainless steel steaming rack is also included. It comes with 10 proven safety mechanisms and will not open unless all pressure has released. Get yours here.