Roasted garlic, bacon, AND guacamole. Do I really even need to say anything else? I think not. Grab your favorite dippers cause it’s roasted garlic bacon guacamole time!
This recipe was inspired by good friend Swamp Ape from Pure Orgasmic Love. He makes the best guac with sautéed garlic, onion, and bacon. I played off his idea by replacing the sautéed garlic with roasted garlic. My husband doesn’t even like avocado (I still don’t understand this), yet we can’t keep him away from it.
My go to dipper is tostones, or fried green plantains. Sliced raw veggies are awesome too! Cucumber is my favorite veggie as it’s refreshing with a nice crunch. It’s not filling either – which means more room for gauc!
Roasted Garlic Bacon Guacamole (Paleo, AIP option, GF)
- 2 large avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced *omit for AIP
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 heads of roasted garlic
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, diced
- 1.5 TBS lime juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste *omit for AIP
- In a medium bowl mash avocado.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator covered for up to 2 days.
You can adjust the amount of garlic you use based on how strong it is and your preferences. Roasted garlic has a rich deep flavor, but it does not have the bite of raw garlic so you can be generous with it. Just taste and add more as you like. You can do the same with the lime juice.
Courses Side Dish, Snack
If you make any of my recipes please tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #foodandsunshine I love to see your creations!